The Hall at Huntingtown is a local wedding venue and arguably Calvert County’s best kept secret. Attached to the Huntingtown Volunteer Fire Department & Rescue Squad building, the venue boasts a beautiful and spacious banquet hall draped with a sparkling crystal grand chandelier, sizeable windows, cathedral ceilings, and a neutral color pallet and decor to make any theme come to life comfortably.
The main ballroom holds up to 275 guests, with a separate ceremony room available within the hall for up to 150 people. Many clients utilize both rooms as a way to save money and avoid the need to travel between the ceremony and reception. While the entrance to the hall is located at the finish of a large staircase, the venue is handicap-accessible with an elevator available to take guests to the second floor.
Rental of the ballroom includes tables, banquet chairs and of course, a movable dance floor. Personalized professional wedding day coordination is also offered to help with decorations, bar staffing and coordinating vendors.
Banquet Facilities Manager Carole Fonfara has worked at the hall for more than ten years and knows first hand just how busy their schedule can get. “We host about 30 weddings a year, sometimes three in one weekend.”
All weddings take place Friday through Sunday, with only one event scheduled per day. For back-to-back events, Carole says the clients will bring decor a week prior for a mock set-up. The team at the hall then sets up the decorations complimentary on the day of the wedding. In fact, they also help tear down at the end of the night. “All the client needs to do is bring in their personal decor,” says Carole, who acts as the day-of coordinator and wedding planner for all events.
Carole said interested clients can book their date as soon or as far out as they want. “If we have the date available, we can do it, if you’re looking for a specific date and it’s special to you, don’t wait.”
Rental fees are based on a four-hour reception, though additional time is available upon request. All bar service is done through the hall, as opposed to the caterer, with tons of different options and customizable packages sure to make any party a good time.
Outside of the hall there is plenty of parking and a large garden for photos. In addition, lodging is located nearby in Prince Frederick, about seven miles down the road. Carole says one of the things that makes the hall unique is how they truly care about the bride and groom and making their wedding vision come to life. “We want to make sure that every event is as good as it can be, and we have excellent caterers to choose from. It’s a gorgeous room and can make anybody look back and say I had a beautiful wedding.”
For more information, visit HallAtHuntingtown.com.
Here Is What Our Brides Have To Say
“The Hall at Huntingtown was the best place to have my wedding reception. I couldn’t have asked for a better location and better people to work with. Carole was great. She made sure that everything went smoothly and was taken care of! Got many compliments!!”
“The location and venue were wonderful. The Hall coordinator Carole Fonfara was a gem to work with. She made my small wedding seem like the fairy tale wedding of my dreams!”
More Than Just A Wedding Venue…
The Hall at Huntingtown is more than just a wedding venue; the ballroom holds many different types of events throughout the year, from Wednesday bingo to anniversary parties, receptions, and company holiday parties. The staff at The Hall at Huntingtown is warm and welcoming, just like their venue. They give each client personalized attention and plan the event alongside of you, focusing on each and every detail. Regardless of the size of your group, they can provide you with the comfort level you require to make your event a success. Facilities are available for large conferences, as well as for small group meetings—all offering wonderful amenities like an outdoor veranda, theater setup with a multimedia system, podium, projector, microphones, and more. No matter your needs, the Hall at Huntingtown’s professional staff will give your event their complete attention, so that you are free to enjoy the festivities with your guests.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT BINGO
Every Wednesday of the Month
Doors Open at 6 p.m.
Early Bird Bingo at 7 p.m.
Regular Bingo at 7:30 p.m.
The Huntingtown Volunteer Fire Department & Rescue Squad presents Wednesday Night Bingo every week. Come out for some fun and prizes, and support the local fire department. HVFD Auxiliary Kitchen provides food and refreshments. For more information, visit www.hvfd6.org.
THE 12TH ANNUAL CALVERT BRIDAL EXPO
Join us on Sunday, March 1st for one of the Hall at Huntingtown’s most notable annual events, The Calvert Bridal Expo. The Expo is one of the biggest events for the hall, and in turn supports the wedding business at the venue. The Calvert Bridal Expo brings the best local wedding professionals together in one great show to offer couples the opportunity to find everything they need to complete their dream wedding. There will be fantastic prizes throughout the day and a grand prize drawing! For more information, visit CalvertBridalExpo.com.
Top Ten Tips For Attending The Calvert Bridal Expo
1. Plan ahead! Know what vendors you are looking for and keep in mind what you are envisioning for your wedding day.
2. Attending the Expo is the best way to sample food and cakes, but also to see what each exhibitor has to offer you for your wedding day. Seeing a visual of what they do is a big plus for your planning needs.
3. Meeting wedding professionals in person is the BEST way to make a decision about what services you will choose. This is a big day in your life, be sure you like the wedding professional you are choosing.
4. Take business cards from all vendors because you never know if you will need to reference them in the future, even if you don’t think you need them the day of the Expo.
5. Specials… many wedding professional may offer a discount or specials if you book them because you saw them at the Expo.
6. Budget planning! Find out what services really cost so that you can be sure to include everything you want!
7. Do you know the latest trends? These wedding professional do! The runway show is always amazing and you may just see your DREAM dress!
8. Keep It local! Using local Southern Maryland wedding professionals will help keep your wedding costs where you want them to be!
9. Be sure to enter to win the many prizes and giveaways!
10. Have fun! Make a day of it with your friends and family, all are welcome!