My name is Jacklyn D. Miles, and I am the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Miles and Chesley Consulting Services (MCCS), LLC. I am thrilled to announce the launch of the first annual “Women Inspiring Women” Conference, October 28, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Solomons – Conference Center in Solomons, Md.
Born and raised in Southern Maryland, I have always been passionate about inspiring women in my community and have continuously felt a desire to help others to rise up! This Conference was created with the objectives to:
• Provide present and future women business leaders with a unique forum to network and exchange ideas;
• Provide women an opportunity to gain insight and knowledge from accomplished leaders in the areas of personal and professional development and other important issues to women in today’s workforce; and
• Offer an outstanding opportunity for leaders within the Southern Maryland area to directly contribute to the development of women within the community.
This year’s inaugural theme is “Helping Others To Rise Up” and this premise will be seamlessly integrated throughout the weekend. The event will kick-off with a “Meet & Greet” event on Friday, October 27th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to socialize with event partners, speakers and sponsors, and collaborate and network with fellow attendees. Also, attendees will mingle, make new friends, possible business connections, and enjoy the camaraderie!
The central focus of the Conference will be on Saturday October 28th, 2017, 8:00 a.m – 4:30 p.m. when we join together a diverse group of women (and men) of all generations, ethnicities and backgrounds. In addition to networking, attendees will participate in interactive break-out sessions, and hear from highly recognized motivational speakers. The conference will educate and facilitate idea-sharing on how to succeed personally and professionally in life while juggling the increasingly complex and diverse demands of family, work and community.
Oda Solms, Publisher of Southern Maryland Woman magazine, is the Mistress of Ceremony for the Conference. We are fortunate to have other amazing speakers that attendees will hear from throughout the day.
• Adrienne Somerville: Political Savvy – Networking and Mentoring
• Dr. I. Monet Ouwinga: The Second Coming Out – Mental, Sexual and Overall Women’s Well Being
• Fontella Moody: Be A Saver and Take Your Retirement to the Next Level
• Monica Taylor: Having It All – Work/Life Balance
• DJ Delong: What’s In Your Toolbox?
• Tammy Wright: Fitness, Wellness and Self-Worth
It is my hope that you will leave this Conference inspired to help others; to unite and bond with other women; to be empowered to invest in yourself and others; and, most importantly, self-confident knowing that you are a precious gift to the world and that you should abundantly celebrate your life.
Register today for this dynamic Conference! For information on registration, schedule of events, sponsorships, vendors, accommodations, and more visit our website at www.milesandchesley.com/ conference